Applications are invited for the post of BURSAR at the United Theological College (UTC). UTC is a leading Seminary in Asia, founded in 1910, located in Bangalore in the State of Karnataka and affiliated to the Nation’s first University, the Senate of Serampore. The College offers theological education and awards Diplomas, Certificates, Bachelor, Master and Doctoral Degrees. For more information on the College, please visit the website at https://utc.edu.in/.
The post of Bursar is a senior management post and is the Head of Finance & Accounts Department. In addition to his/her being Bursar of UTC, he/she is concurrently also the Treasurer of UTC Society. Following are the minimum requirements for the post of Bursar:
- Age: Between 50 to 61 years of age.
- Educational Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in Commerce and Post-Graduation in Commerce/MBA Finance/CA preferred.
- Experience: Preferably 15 years of experience in handling various responsibilities in Finance & Accounts and handling of property matters.
- Maintain and Prepare the Books of Accounts and Financial Statements including Balance Sheet, Profit/ Loss Statement, Schedules, Cash Flow Statements etc. in a timely manner
- Prepare Annual Budgets of Income and Expenditure and maintain Cash Flow projections
- Knowledge of investments of funds and statutory laws regarding Taxation, FCRA, etc. are desirable.
- Required to liaise with local bodies, Internal Auditors, Statutory Auditors, Legal Counsels, Law enforcing authorities, etc.
- Capable of managing a team in the Accounts & Maintenance Department.
Knowledge of Computer based accounting, like Tally, etc.
- Knowledge of local language Kannada is essential.
- Willing/ready to report in 15/20 days from date of receipt of Letter of Appointment is desirable.
The Bursar will be fixed in the appropriate stage in the regular pay scale applicable to the post and approximate gross salary will be around Rs.40,000/-. In addition he/she will be provided unfurnished quarters. The post carries contributory Provident Fund, Christmas Gift, Holiday Allowance, Medical Reimbursement and Health Insurance as applicable to the post. He/she is entitled to 15 days Casual Leave, 15 days Medical Leave and 21 days of Earned Leave per year as per Rules of UTC Society.
Completed Applications/CV with scanned copies of passport size photograph, self-attested certificates of educational qualifications/degree, certificates in support of experience, certificate of Church affiliation, certificates from two persons in support of his/her antecedents, etc., should reach the Principal, United Theological College through email:firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th September 2020.